The Michigan Monster tournament series is the largest attended tournament in the state of Michigan. Each weekend we feature a tournament focused on one age group. The event has "SOLD OUT" the last 4 years consecutively at every age group with 16+ teams in each age group. We have taken years of tournament experience and generated the tournament you have all been searching for.
TWO (2) ADULT PROFESSIONAL UMPIRES PER GAME:
- In some cases, some tournaments offer one (1) umpire per game to save money. For this reason, there are several calls in the field that are missed.
- In many tournaments the selected umpires are inexperienced and are unaware of the rules of the game. This leads to umpires being out of position and rule interpretation issues.
FIELDS ARE DRAGGED & CHALKED BEFORE EACH GAME:
- To save money you may find other tournaments that do not resource the tournament properly to drag fields between games. This not only takes away from a quality experience, it is also unsafe.
WE USE THE "TOURNEY MACHINE" APP FOR REAL-TIME COACH & PARENT COMMUNICATION (YOU ARE ALWAYS IN THE "KNOW":
- On several occasions we have been to tournaments where you are constantly waiting for communication. In many cases you don't know when the next game may begin and / or if games are cancelled for the day due to the weather.
A PLAYER FROM EACH TEAM WILL BE SELECTED BY THE OPPOSING COACH TO BE GIVEN A "MVP AWARD" & RECOGNIZED FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTION TO THE GAME:
- The Game MVP awards are a favorite by players, coaches and parents. This tradition allows the purpose of playing the game of baseball to remain intact.
- Others don't do this because it costs money
TOURNAMENT GAMING TRAILER:
- On the Saturday of the tournament a semi-trailer size "gaming unit" will be brought to the tournament site. Over 24 players are able to play XBOX games against one another at one time.
- The cost to use this is included in the cost of the tournament.
- You may never see this at another tournament. Its a ton of fun and the players love it